Friday, October 7, 2011

How it all began

A bit of reminiscing...

When I was seven years old, I remember our neighbour always bringing over home made electronic gadgets that were usually based on a 555 timer circuits (a break-beam IR sensor, an organ, a two tone siren, etc).  I remember thinking "that's what I want to do when I grow up..." because knowing how to connect a bunch of electronic components together to make these projects seemed almost like magic.

For those of you who are old enough to remember, this was my first project kit:





















I'm sure I assembled all 160 projects three or four times, not counting the times I switched things around to see what would happen.

When I was around twelve, I graduated to the 200 in 1 kit:



Once again, I flew through those 200 projects in no time.  At this point is was time to get serious, so I bought a soldering iron and began building projects documented in the Engineers Mini Notebook series by Forrest M. Mims III.



I guess you can say that the rest is history. I graduated with a BASc in Computer Engineering and went on to work at a few high tech companies designing embedded software and hardware systems.  But enough about that, let's get on to the projects.

2 comments:

  1. TIN NITE CULVET-001.5.2 titanium dioxide sunscreen
    TIN NITE CULVET-001.5.2 titanium dioxide sunscreen. man titanium bracelet The polished titanium best quality sunscreen for 바카라 you. TIN titanium legs NITE CULVET-001.5.2 titanium dioxide sunscreen. The best quality sunscreen titanium sponge for

    ReplyDelete