Saturday, October 8, 2011

Video Capture Board

I started working on this project because I wanted to experiment a bit more with video (capture, display and scaling). I wanted to make the board flexible enough to experiment with a variety of input modes. To accomplish this, I placed a DVI header that accepts all of the common signals associated with DVI input chips (i.e. Data Lines, Control Lines, I2C for programming, etc.). Most of the available DTV decoder chips follow this format. The first board I will be experimenting with has both analog (YPbPr, VGA) and digital (HDMI) inputs. This allows me to attach several different types of inputs to the board. The output is basically a header of GPIOs. For now, I have a small 640x480p Sharp colour LCD.

The board is also equipped with USB so I can download data from the frame buffer. This will be useful when debugging, but can also be used to capture and dump frames.

Here is a screen capture of the current board. Only thing left to do is add a few control lines for the LCD.


September 8th 2007



1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon. Are you still working on a small-engine gasoline injection project? I'm in need of a 20cc to 30cc engine with electronic injection, preferably with a turbocharger, for an energy efficiency project. My email is rcpompeu@hotmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete